My tracker is constantly showing GPS weak, what can I do?
If your tracker is indoors, this is normal. No further action is required. For more information please visit What location tracking technologies does Pawfit use?
If your tracker is constantly showing 'GPS weak' both indoors and outdoors, then please refer to the steps below to check it:
- Fully charge the tracker until the LED light turns green.
- Take the tracker to an open space with a clear view of the sky.
- Short press the power button on the device. If it flashes and plays the audio ID, go to step 4. Go to step 5 if it doesn’t respond.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear ‘Goodbye’. Wait until the light goes off.
- Turn it on by pressing and holding the power button again for 3 seconds until you hear the welcome message.
- Wait for 60 seconds then short press the power button. If the LED flashes blue, it indicates it is connected to a network, you should be able to use it again. If the LED flashes red, it means that it is still not connected. If it is not connected, move to a different location and repeat from step 3.
- Turn on the live tracking mode and let it run for 10 minutes. To learn how to turn on live tracking, please visit the following link: What is live tracking and how do I enable it?
During the 10-minute live tracking, please check if your pet's location shown on the map screen is accurate or not, and also monitor the GPS status displayed on your pet's status card. If the GPS signal is strong, it means that your device is receiving GPS signal and that you should be able to continue using it. If it is not showing GPS strong, please contact support for further help with this issue.
Please confirm if there are any noticeable damages to the tracker. If so, please send us a picture showing the damages.
[Confirm charging condition]
Please confirm if you always charge the tracker when it is completely dry. By charging the tracker wet, this could cause the tracker to short circuit.
[Confirm spec of the charger]
Please confirm if the output of your charger is 5V, with maximum current of 2.1A? If the battery is flat, it may take a couple of minutes before the LED comes on to indicate it is being charged successfully.
- No GPS signal available, tracker being indoors;
- Device not switched on;
- Ephemeris data not available;
- External damages;
- Possible device fault.