How to care for your Pawfit tracker?
Our Pawfit tracker is designed to be durable and long lasting but it’s not completely indestructible. To ensure your Pawfit tracker has a long happy life, we recommend showing it some TLC with the following care tips:
- Before you put your tracker on charge, make sure it’s 100% dry, especially the copper contacts, otherwise you risk the tracker short circuiting when you plug it into the power.
- Pawfit charges best when you use a quality USB charger with an output no greater than 5v. A poor quality USB charger cannot guarantee stable output and any sudden power surges may trigger the protection unit to shutdown the battery and in the worst case might damage the entire circuit.
- Whilst Pawfit is an excellent tracker, it’s not a tasty chew toy so make sure you keep it out of mouths when not in use to avoid the waterproof seal being damaged.
- Got a dirty Pawfit tracker? Rinse clean with warm water or use an antibacterial wipe before leaving to dry completely. Never use soap as this can damage the waterproof materials.
- Remember to regularly check for any dirt and water blocking the speakers as this can affect the sound quality. Give it a rinse and a shake and leave to dry thoroughly.
- Doggos love swimming in the sea but salt water can erode the tacker’s waterproof materials over time so always rinse your Pawfit in fresh water after a sea swim.