I can only receive intermittent update from my tracker / My tracker only works intermittently, what can I do?
[Check the mobile phone coverage, and if there is network disruption or the phone coverage in the area]
The Pawfit 2 tracker uses GPS to track locations and sends over the tracking data via GPRS (2G/GSM) mobile phone network. If the phone signal is poor or unreliable, it may result in a delay in sending the tracking data to the App in time, or failing to respond to commands sent from the App. Please visit this for more information: My area has poor mobile phone coverage, can I use the Pawfit tracker?
If you are not sure the mobile phone converge in your area, please visit this article How can I check the mobile coverage in my area?, or contact us for more support.
Please confirm if there are any noticeable damages to the tracker. If so, please send us a picture showing the damages.
[Confirm charging condition]
Please confirm if you always charge the tracker when it is completely dry. By charging the tracker wet, this could cause the tracker to short circuit.
[Confirm spec of the charger]
Please confirm if the output of your charger is 5V, with maximum current of 2.1A? If the battery is flat, it may take a couple of minutes before the LED comes on to indicate it is being charged successfully.
[Fully charge your device, restart it outdoors and monitor it for 24 hours by following the steps below]
- Fully charge the device until the LED light turns green and take it outdoors.
- Short press the power button on the device. If it flashes and plays the audio ID, go to step 3. Go to step 4 if it does not respond.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear ‘Goodbye’. Wait until the light goes off.
- Turn the device on by pressing and holding the power button again for 3 seconds until you hear the welcome message.
- Wait for 60 seconds and then short press the power button. If the LED flashes blue, it indicates it is connected to a network. If this is the case, please move to the next step. If the LED flashes red, it means that it is still not connected. If it is not connected, move to a different location and repeat from step 2.
- Leave it outside STILL for 24 hours. Please not operate the tracker or attach it to your pet during these 24 hours.
After 24 hours, please check if your tracker is still online.
[Provide Device ID and Postcode]
If it is not working properly, please contact support with the following information:
- Screenshot or video illustrating the issue;
- Postcode (or ZIP code) of where the problem occurs;
- Device ID. Where can I find my device ID?
- Temporary network disruption;
- Poor or no mobile phone coverage;
- Tracker put on charge when wet;
- External damages;
- Possible device fault;
Please sign in to leave a comment.