I cannot set up my home WiFi, but I am next to my router. What can I do?
Firstly check if your WiFi is set to invisible. Also check if the 2.4 GHz band has been enabled.
Pawfit sends all data via mobile phone network, including the neighbouring WiFi list. If the phone signal is poor, no matter how close the tracker is to the home router, it may not be able to send over the WiFi list.
Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to try again:
- Fully charge the device until the LED light turns green, take it to where there is better phone signal but is within the range of the candidate WiFi;
- Short press the power button on the device. If it flashes and plays the audio ID, go to step 3. Go to step 4 if it does not respond;
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear ‘Goodbye’. Wait until the light goes off;
- Turn the device on by pressing and holding the power button again for 3 seconds until you hear the welcome message.
- Wait for 60 seconds until the device is online. How do I know if my Pawfit is online or not?
- Make sure your phone is connected to the candidate WiFi too;
- Open the Pawfit App, navigate to ‘Profile->Your pet’s profile-> Advanced settings->Home WiFi’;
- Once the WiFi list appears, select the one which covers where your pet stays most of time.
- Poor phone signal;
- WiFi is set to invisible;
- No 2.4 GHz WiFi.