I have registered my Pawfit account but failed to activate my Pawfit 1 tracker.
When scanning the device ID, it prompts an error message 'Device offline or invalid ID'.
[Make sure the SIM card is supported and has sufficient DATA credit, and the device is switched on and connected to network]
For security reasons, the tracker must be turned on and connected to a network before it can be activated and registered to your Pawfit account.
- Can you confirm if your sim card is one of the following please?
For UK customers:
- Vodafone PAYG SIM (Big Value Bundle package or classic PAYG 1)
- EE PAYG SIM (Multi Sim package)
- O2 PAYG SIM (Big Bundle package or classic PAYG)
- Tesco PAYG SIM （Rocket packs or Triple Credit）
- Can you make sure the SIM card is secure in place please? If not, could you take it out and re-insert it into the SIM card slot with the plastic side up and notch towards the hinge side of the cover, until it clicks into place (no spring ejection) please? You may use a small tool such as tweezers or a flat slot screwdriver to help push the SIM card in, as the secure point is about 4mm from the slot entrance. Please turn off the device before removing the SIM card, as Pawfit doesn’t support hot swapping of SIM card. When the SIM card is secure in place, replace the slot cover and make sure it is firmly shut.
- Can you confirm if the new sim is activated and topped up please? You may check this by trying it on your mobile phone. Please note that some SIM cards can take up to 24 hours to sync the data service.
- Can you check with the network provider if there is GPRS(2G/GSM) service in your area and the service is running normally please?
- Finally, can you restart your device and try again where there is a good cellular reception (i.e. by a window or outdoors) please? If the device is already on, please turn it off first by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear a 'goodbye' sound. When the device is off, please press and hold the power button for another 3 seconds to turn it on, you should hear a start-up sound 'hi welcome to Pawfit' upon release of the button. After the device is powered on, please wait for 30 seconds, and then press the power button. If the LED flashes blue it indicates your device is online, you should be able to carry on activating your device through the App. If it flashes red, it indicates that your device is still not connected, in that case please can you provide us your Sim card details and the 8-character device ID, we will check our system if we can find anything for you.
[Provide Device ID]
If the problem still persists, please contact support for further help by quoting your device ID. To learn how to locate your device ID, please visit: Where can I find my device ID?
- Device not charged;
- Device not switched on;
- Device not connected to network due to poor mobile phone signal;
- No GPRS coverage;
- Unsupported SIM card;
- No DATA credit on SIM;
- Possible device fault;