My Pawfit 1 can be charged and switched on but fails to connect and the status card is greyed out.
[Check if it is been immersed or soaked]
Please could you firstly confirm if your device has been immersed or soaked? The original Pawfit model is certified with IPX5 waterproof, which means it is rain and splash proof. But it is not protected from water submersion, as it requires IPX7 or above. Also could you confirm if the SIM card slot had been damaged (i.e. it was pierced through) or insecurely replaced during daily use? As we found this is the most common reason to cause device malfunctioning. Please note that if the SIM card slot is damaged or insecurely replaced, the waterproof rating would be invalidated.
[Restart the device and check SIM credits by following the steps below]
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear ‘goodbye’, if it was on.
- Take the SIM card out. Please try avoid using anything too sharp the lift the SIM card slot cover, especially do not pierce through.
- Check inside of the SIM card slot if there is anything blocking the contact point, remove any loose debris.
- Insert your SIM card to a phone and check if it is still activate and has sufficient DATA credit. Please turn off the WiFi to check if you could browse the internet. Please note that some SIM cards can take up to 24 hours to sync the data service.
- Re-insert the SIM card into the SIM card slot, with the plastic side up and notch towards the hinge side of the cover, until it clicks into place (no spring ejection). You may use a small tool such as tweezers or flat slot screwdriver to help pushing the SIM card in, as the secure point is about 4mm from the slot entrance. Replace the slot cover.
- Turn on the device. Wait for 60 seconds then press the power button. If the LED flashes blue it indicates it is connected, please try operating it through the App. Flashing red indicates offline.
- Finally could you check with the network provider if there is GPRS (2G/GSM) service in your area and the service is running normal please?
[Provide Device ID and Postcode]
If it is not working, please contact support by quoting the postcode and device ID. You can help to locate your device ID by following this link: Where can I find my device ID?
- Temporary network disruption;
- No mobile phone coverage;
- No data credit on the SIM card;
- Sim service unavailable;
- Sim not fit in securely;
- Possible device fault;