My Pawfit tracker doesn't turn on, what can I do?
[If it is a Pawfit or Pawfit-S, check if it has water ingress]
Please firstly confirm if your device has been immersed or soaked. The original Pawfit and Pawfit-S model are certified with IPX5 and IPX6 waterproof rating respectively, which means they are rain and splash proof. But they are not protected from water submersion, as it requires IPX7 or above. Also could you confirm if the SIM card slot (if it is the original Pawfit) had been damaged (i.e. it was pierced through) or insecurely replaced during daily use? We have found this is the most common reason to cause device malfunctioning. Please note that if the SIM card slot is damaged or insecurely replaced, the waterproof rating would be invalidated.
Please confirm if there are any noticeable damages to the tracker. Please send us a picture showing the front, the back and the button side of the tracker.
[Confirm charging condition]
Please confirm if you always charge the tracker when it is completely dry. By charging the tracker wet, this could cause the tracker to short circuit.
[Confirm spec of the charger]
Please confirm if the output of your charger is 5V, with maximum current of 2.1A? If the battery is flat, it may take a couple of minutes before the LED comes on to indicate it is being charged successfully.
[Confirm if it can be charged]
- Could you check if the charging dock is connected to a power source securely please?
- Could you confirm if the power source is a 5V/0.5-2.1A main? If not, could you try a different USB charger please?
- Could you check if there are any stains on the copper contacts on the back of your device, could you give it a clean and try again?
- Check the pins in the charging dock are able to stand upright.
- Could you check if the tracker is placed in the charging dock securely and that the notch position of the tracker is aligned with the corresponding position of the charging dock please? You may have to push the tracker in the dock until it can’t move.
If the battery is flat, it may take a couple of minutes before the LED comes on to indicate it is being charged successfully.
[If it can be charged, but fails to be turned on, reset it]
If it is still not working, could you try the following troubleshooting steps to reset it please?
- Remove the tracker from the charging dock, disconnect the cable from the charging dock, and the USB socket.
- Reconnect everything and place the device in the charging dock. Press the tracker down till it is secure.
- Leave the tracker on charge for 30 minutes.
- Take the device out from the charger and reset it by pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds; If it is powered on instead, please go to step 6.
- Turn on the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear ‘hi welcome to Pawfit’.
- Wait 60 seconds then press the power button. If the LED flashes blue, please place it back in the charger until it is full charged, then you can use it as usual again.
Finally, could you check if the power button on the device is stuck (no bouncing back)? Can you give it a hard press or use something sharper to press it and check if the problem is resolved please? You should feel a click when the button is pressed down successfully.
[Provide Device ID]
If the problem still persists, please contact support for further help by quoting your device ID. To learn how to locate your device ID, please visit: Where can I find my device ID?
- Run out of battery.
- Socket/power source not generating enough current.
- Defective cable.
- Power button defective.
- Tracker damaged.
- Tracker charged when wet.
- Possible device fault.
- Charging dock fault.