My Pawfit tracker doesn't turn on, what can I do?
[If it is a Pawfit or Pawfit-S, check if it has water ingress]
Please firstly confirm if your device has been immersed or soaked. The original Pawfit and Pawfit-S model are certified with IPX5 and IPX6 waterproof rating respectively, which means they are rain and splash proof. But they are not protected from water submersion, as it requires IPX7 or above. Also could you confirm if the SIM card slot (if it is the original Pawfit) had been damaged (i.e. it was pierced through) or insecurely replaced during daily use? We have found this is the most common reason to cause device malfunctioning. Please note that if the SIM card slot is damaged or insecurely replaced, the waterproof rating would be invalidated.
[Confirm if it can be charged]
- Could you check if the charging dock is connected to a power source securely please?
- Could you confirm if the power source is a 5V/0.5-1A main? If not, could you try a different USB charger please?
- Could you check if there are any stains on the copper contacts on the back of your device, could you give it a clean and try again?
- Could you check if the tracker is placed in the charging dock securely and that the notch position of the tracker is aligned with the corresponding position of the charging dock please? You may have to push the tracker in the dock until it can’t move.
If the battery is flat, it may take a couple of minutes before the LED comes on to indicate it is being charged successfully.
[If it can be charged, but fails to be turned on, reset it]
- Place the device in the charging dock and charge it for 30 minutes.
- Take the device out from the charging dock and reset it by pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds; if it is powered on instead, please go to step 4.
- Turn on the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear the welcome message.
- Wait 60 seconds and then press the power button. If the LED flashes blue, please place it back in the charging dock until it is fully charged and check the App if it is back online.
Finally, could you check if the power button on the device is stuck (no bouncing back)? Can you give it a hard press or use something sharper to press it and check if the problem is resolved please? You should feel a click when the button is pressed down successfully.
[Provide Device ID]
If the problem still persists, please contact support for further help by quoting your device ID. To learn how to locate your device ID, please visit: Where can I find my device ID?
- Run out of battery.
- Socket/power source not generating enough current.
- Defective cable.
- Possible device fault.
- Charging dock fault.