How do I share my tracker with my family members or friends?
For in depth instructions for how to use Family Petcare, please refer to the attachment - Pawfit User Manual - Family Petcare:
If you’d like to share your tracker with your family members or friends, or access it from multiple phones simultaneously, you may use Pawfit’s family petcare feature. Please follow the instructions below for how to set family petcare up:
- Ask your family members or friends to download and install the Pawfit App on their phones. If they already have the Pawfit App installed, please make sure it is up to date.
- Ask your family members or friends to register their own Pawfit accounts.
- You share your pet’s ID with them by signing in the original account which registers your tracker, navigating to the profile screen and tapping the 2D code symbol next to your pet’s name as illustrated in the attached screenshot.
- Once the QR code appears, please ask them to sign in their account, navigate to the profile screen, scan the ID code by tapping the scan button at the top right corner (as illustrated in the attached screenshot), or select the ‘Look after others’ pet’ option to scan this code during the registration process of their accounts. Alternatively you may send this code to their phones via text or email by tapping the share button on the QR code screen.
- Once your family members or friends successfully scan your pet’s ID code or receive and open the invitation link, an invitation request will be sent to the original account. Once you approve it your pet will be added automatically to their Pawfit account, they can monitor and track your pet’s activity and location as well as receiving alerts.
You can also watch our demonstration video here by following this link: https://youtu.be/S9GkHt6Kfd4.