My Pawfit 2 can be charged, switched on, but fails to connect (status card greyed out, device not responding, LED flashing red when power button pressed, not updated for XXX hours)
[Check if there is network disruption or the phone coverage in the area]
The Pawfit 2 tracker uses GPS to track locations and sends over the tracking data via GRPS (2G/GSM) mobile phone network. If the phone signal is poor or unreliable, it may result in a delay in sending the tracking data to the App in time, or failing to respond to commands sent from the App.
Please confirm if there are any noticeable damages to the tracker. If so, please send us a picture showing the damages.
[Confirm charging condition]
Please confirm if you always charge the tracker when it is completely dry. By charging the tracker wet, this could cause the tracker to short circuit.
[Confirm spec of the charger]
Please confirm if the output of your charger is 5V, with maximum current of 2.1A? If the battery is flat, it may take a couple of minutes before the LED comes on to indicate it is being charged successfully.
[Restart the device by following the steps below]
- Fully charge the device until the LED light turns green and take it outdoors.
- Short press the power button on the device. If it flashes and plays the audio ID, go to step 3. Go to step 4 if it does not respond.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds until you hear ‘Goodbye’. Wait until the light goes off.
- Turn the device on by pressing and holding the power button again for 3 seconds until you hear the welcome message.
- Wait for 60 seconds and then short press the power button. If the LED flashes blue, it indicates it is connected to a network, you should be able to use it again. If the LED flashes red, it means that it is still not connected. If it is not connected, move to a different location and repeat from step 2.
[Check subscription details]
If your subscription has expired, please renew it. You can check your subscription status by referring to Where can I check my subscription status?
[Provide Device ID and Postcode]
If it is not working, please contact support by quoting the postcode (or ZIP code) and device ID. Where can I find my device ID?
- Temporary network disruption;
- No mobile phone coverage;
- Subscription expired;
- Tracker put on charge when wet;
- External damages;
- Possible device fault;